Please check out my updated website: www.TheCakeDealer.com and email me @ Katherine@TheCakeDealer.com

Looking to score? I got the hook up... for addicts who should attend (cup)cakes anonymous, that is. =D

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pineapple upside down cakes



Another one of my coworkers was leaving the company and so I asked "What kind of going away cake would YOU like?" The response: pineapple cake. So I looked up about five different recipes for pineapple upside down cake and read people's comments and suggestions and ended up drafting my own recipe. My version had coconut flakes AND coconut milk, and the sugary crust at the bottom (err... top) was superb. I made 2 cakes, but there was still extra batter so I grabbed the cupcake pans and made.... *drumroll please* coconut-pineapple upside down CUPCAKES! These were a bigger hit than the cake, and the cake turned out tasty, moist and damn good. It's not much to look at, but tastewise.... definitely one of my best.

1 comment:

  1. mind sharing your recipe with me? pat wont eat it, but lj and i will! i wont let your secret recipe out, or use it for profit :)

    ReplyDelete